Getting a Ride to Your Doctor’s Appointment
If you need transportation to get to the pharmacy or to a medical appointment, we can help. We will help you arrange a ride to get to your appointment. Don’t let transportation issues prevent you from getting the care you need. Follow these simple steps to schedule your ride:
Step 1: Call us!
To schedule a ride to and from your appointment call CareMore Transportation Services.
- Call1-888-325-1024 (TTY:711) - Monday through Friday from 7:00 - 6:00pm PST
You must call at least 1 business day in advance to get a ride to your appointment. Call us as soon as you know that you need a ride to your appointment.
Step 2: Schedule your Ride
When you call to schedule a trip, we will ask you a list of questions. This information helps us provide you the transportation services to meet your needs. Please make sure to let us know if:
- You use a cane, wheelchair or scooter to help you get from one place to another
- You have special needs that we need to keep in mind when arranging your transportation. Special needs can include a vision or hearing disability.
- You need someone to come to your door or call you to let you know that your transportation has arrived
- You need someone to guide you directly to your appointment location
- You have problems walking at a normal pace
- You need help getting into and out of the car
- You have a family member or caregiver that will be going with you to your visit. This person must be at least 17 years old to ride with you.
- If you report that you do not need any assistance, please make sure to provide a phone number just in case we need to call you.
Step 3: Schedule your return trip back to your home
Once you are done with your appointment call CareMore Transportation Services.
- Call1-888-325-1024 (TTY:711) - Monday through Friday from 7:00 - 6:00pm PST.
- Tell the Transportation representatives that you are ready to be picked up and they will schedule your return trip.
- As soon as you schedule your return trip, go outside and wait in the transportation pick up area. If you can’t find it, ask the office staff where you should wait for your ride.
- Tell the office staff where you will be in case the driver can’t find you.
Types of rides available to you
We use the information you provide to help us schedule the right type of transportation services that meets your needs. The Transportation Representatives may use the following terms to refer to the types of ride that we scheduled for your trip.
Door-to-Door – If you report that you need additional help, we will schedule door-to door- transportation services for your ride. This type of service is for members who need extra help, such getting in and out of a car. Door-to-door service allows the driver get out of the car, knock on your door and provide any help you need with your transportation.
Curb-to-Curb – This service is only scheduled for a member that doesn’t need any help at all. You must wait for your ride outside of your home. If you choose to wait in the comfort of your own home, make sure you can see the driver pull up and immediately make your way to the car once they arrive by the curb. The driver will only wait 5 minutes. Please provide a phone number where we can contact you in case the driver or dispatcher need to call you.
Hand-to-Hand – This service is for a member who needs to be picked up at their front door and requires the driver to help them into the facility where they have their appointment. This service is available to members who many special need and require complete assistance.
- Start keeping track of time as soon as your trip is activated. If you have been waiting for more than 20 minutes, call us or ask the office staff to call us to get an update on your trip.
- If you provided a cell phone number when you scheduled your trip, make sure to have it turned on in case the driver or dispatcher calls you.
- After 6:00pm or weekends you can call: 1-888-350-3447 (TTY:711). You can call this number to check on the status of your ride or for updates to your trip. You can also call this number for transportation assistance to an urgent appointment during weekends.