CareMore Cal MediConnect is all about choices. As a member, you can:
- Choose health care providers within our network and switch providers if you want
- Help with your care planning and coordination of your services
- Hire, fire and supervise your In-Home Supportive Services providers — just like you can today
We know your relationship with your doctor is important.
You have the right to continue to receive needed services. If your primary care or specialist doctor is not in our plan, you may be able to continue to see them for 12 months for Medicare services and 12 months for Medi-Cal Services as long as:
- You have seen the doctor once in the 12 months before enrolling in CareMore Cal MediConnect Plan;
- Your doctor is willing to work with CareMore and accept payment; and
- Your doctor isn’t excluded from our plan for quality or other reasons
Call CareMore Member Services at 1-888-350-3447 (TTY: 711). Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. PST, except on holidays, for more information. CareMore will work with you and your doctors to make sure you get all the care you need.
There are some times when you can see a doctor or provider who’s not in our network:
- If you need a service that cannot be provided within our network (prior authorization is required)
- In emergencies (prior authorization is not required)
- If you need out-of-area dialysis services (prior authorization is not required)
You can also choose not to be part of the plan. Read more about ending your membership in our Cal MediConnect Plan.